Frequently asked questions
We have put together a series of frequently asked questions about the Kenya Marine Center process. Navigate the page for any questions you might have. In case your inquiry is not covered in here, feel free to contact us with your question. Thanks.
Tropical Freshwater | Tropical Marine
CALL us: +254 724 827778
For the process of placing the order to our company:
- Customer (Trans-shipper, Wholesaler & Retailer) is required to issue purchase order specifying products code from our stock list, quantity of fish that you want to order and required size. Purchase order should include:
- Customer’s full company name
- Company’s address
- Contact number
- Destination Airport
- Date of Shipment ( 5 days in advance)
- We check availability and send you approval of the order through a proforma invoice with details of cost for shipment; fish cost, freight cost, packing & shipping cost (Proforma invoice is sent within 24hrs of order receipt).
- Customer is then required to “confirm order” and “wire money” to the company’s bank account either via…
- T/T bank transfer
- Credit card/master card/visa card
- Western Union
- Upon receipt of payment, we arrange shipment to you with 3-5 days; prepare your documents for shipment (Health Certificate, Certificate of Origin and any other required), confirm availability of airline freight space and make booking, plus quarantine fish.
- Then comes the packing and transfer of fish to the airline for flight scheduled on shipping day.
- Copies of all the documents necessary for receiving shipment will be sent to you via email.
- Packing List
- Airway Bill
- Certificate of Origin
- Certificate of Health
- Upon arrival, we require that the customer send us a report on the shipment.
- All specimens are packed in pressurized oxygenated high quality Polyethylene / PE plastics bags double plastics bags of 10 per box.
- The bags are packed in medium Poly-Styrofoam boxes dimensions 75x42x32 cm (our packing bags and boxes are designed specifically and also based on IATA standard – International Air Transport Association).
- Our bags are lined with thick Styrofoam which will also be covered with cardboard boxes.
- One box can carry varied kinds of tropical fish 6 bags/box 21kgs
- You can see qty of fish for one bag in stock list or Price list.
- All bags have labels with code and qty of the fishes conformable with invoice.
We take utmost care to ensure our products arrive in top shape and in our decade plus of experience, our Death on Arrival (DOA) rate has remained below 1.5% in average.
Any fish D.O.A. (dead on arrival) must be reported to our team within 60 minutes of arrival. If your purchase does arrive dead, whether the loss is caused by carrier’s mishandling or by something we have done, we will refund it (excluding packaging and shipping), provided you sign for the delivery on time, and the below procedure is followed:
IMMEDIATE ACTION TO BE TAKEN UPON YOUR ORDERS ARRIVAL
- Photos of the livestock should be emailed to us.
- Never dispose off or return a fish without authorization.
Our guarantee applies to original shipment only, not replacement items. Shipping and box charges are not included in this guarantee and will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Our guarantee covers live arrival only. We disclaim any responsibility once the fish is introduced in the tank. To greatly reduce the risk of your existing fish and/or the newly purchased fish becoming ill, we recommend that you quarantine the newly purchased fish for a few days prior to introducing them into your aquarium. This ensures the new fishes’ immune systems have recovered to full strength.
- Price: FOB
Payment: Advance payment by T/T (Telegraphic Transfer)
- All shipments should be paid in advance based on the proforma invoice.
- In case of delayed or mishandled shipment from the airline the claims must be immediately reported to the airlines by the consignee.
- Prices quoted by Kenya Marine Center are F.O.B from Kenya. Prices of products are liable to change at any time without notice and will be advised in our price list or stock list.
- We reserve the right to refuse shipment to anyone.
- Our live stock is treated with the highest possible care.
- All live stock is non-returnable
As all our live stock deliveries are arranged with you (the customer) prior to dispatch, you must be available to take delivery of the livestock. Failure to take the collection when it arrives via our chosen courier will void any guarantee provided by Kenya Marine Center.